Baked courgettes are one of our favorite vegetables, with a mild flavor and so versatile that they are delicious in any recipe. But today we bring you a recipe for stuffed zucchini that you are going to like very much, with minced chicken, vegetables and cheese . A tasty combination that the little ones will like.
Baked zucchini au gratin is ideal for introducing vegetables to little ones, because of its flavor, texture and the fact that it allows a thousand forms of presentation, they always like it! You just have to be creative and look for delicious recipes that the little ones will enjoy at mealtime.
Did you know that zucchini is an easy food to digest and with a slight laxative effect that makes it very suitable in case of childhood constipation ? Remember that if you are going to cook them, well boiled, steamed or baked, it is not necessary to peel them, since a large part of their nutrients are concentrated in the skin.
Having said this and seeing that there are all advantages with this vegetable, we are going to prepare some delicious stuffed courgettes au gratin in the oven . You will see how they become one of your favorite family recipes!
Chicken stuffed baked zucchini recipe
- 3 courgettes
- 1 onion
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- 500 g minced chicken meat
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large tomato
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- 250 g bechamel
- 100g grated cheese
How to make baked zucchini stuffed with chicken
We cook the zucchini
- Cut the courgettes lengthwise.
- We empty the zucchini meat with a small spoon being careful not to break the skin of the zucchini that will be the one that will serve us for the presentation of this recipe.
- Reserve the zucchini meat.
- Bring water to a boil with a tablespoon of salt, when the water starts to boil, add the courgette skins and blanch for exactly 1 minute.
- Remove the skin, dry the water and reserve.
We bake the zucchini skin
- Preheat the oven to 180º heat up and down
- Bake the zucchini skins, add a little olive oil and salt.
- Baked for 10 minutes at 180º.
- Remove the zucchini skins from the oven, reserve.
Prepare the chicken and vegetable stuffing
- Cut the tomato, onion and zucchini meat into small pieces . Also red pepper and garlic clove.
- Pour olive oil in a pan and fry the onion, garlic and zucchini for about 5 minutes, add carrots, red pepper, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Separate the minced chicken meat with a spoon and add it to the vegetables, cook for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Finally, add the diced tomato, a pinch of salt and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
Bake the courgettes with the chicken filling
- Once we have the bechamel sauce ready, we fill the courgettes with the meat sauce, 3 tablespoons of bechamel sauce and grated cheese.
- We take to the oven at 180º heat up, until they gratin.
- We serve hot.
You might be interested in the followings:-