Lentils with vegetables: 3 very healthy spoon dishes
Do you always prepare vegetables in the same way? We propose three very easy and tasty recipes for lentils with vegetables.
Nutritionists recommend that we eat legumes three or four times a week . This food is very nutritious and low in calories, but some varieties can be somewhat strong. One of the softest are lentils , so they are easily digested and do not cause as much gas as others.
In this article I will give you three recipes for lentils with vegetables , three very healthy dishes that will provide you with a lot of vitamins and minerals.
LENTILS WITH AUBERGINES
Aubergines and lentils. Have you never tried this combination? Well, you don’t know what you’re missing, because they are really rich. If you want to save time, you can buy canned lentils. In that case, remember that you must remove the liquid and wash them very well before mixing them with other ingredients. Check out more interesting articles on our site.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 cup and a half of lentils, previously cooked (or a jar)
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 75 ml of water
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Cut the aubergine into strips, lengthwise. Chop the onion and garlic.
- Sauté the onion in a frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil. When it is golden, add the garlic and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the aubergine, a little water and season with the indicated spices (you can vary them to your liking).
- Cook five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the lentils and tomato sauce. Cook for a quarter of an hour.
- When the sauce has thickened and you see that the aubergine is tender, season with salt and pepper and add the grated cheese and a little fresh basil.
Preparation time: 30 minutes.
CHOLAR DHAL: INDIAN-STYLE LENTILS WITH VEGETABLES
This dish is something different, but if you like the flavors of India, you will not be able to resist. This vegetarian dish is prepared with yellow lentils, but you can add the ones you normally use.
- 250 grams of lentils
- Cayenne powder (or hot paprika)
- A pinch of cumin powder
- A pinch of coriander powder
- Half teaspoon of sugar
- 1 green pepper (better if it is hot)
- A handful of raisins
- 2 tablespoons grated coconut
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon garam masala (optional)
- Cook the lentils. You just have to wash them well (I soak them for half an hour) and boil them in a pot of water.
- When they come to a boil, add the garam masala, coriander, cumin, sugar and turmeric.
- Cook everything together until the lentils are tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a pan and add the coconut, cayenne powder and green pepper. Sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Pour the previous preparation over the lentils, add the raisins and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Preparation time: 50 minutes.
LENTIL SALAD WITH VEGETABLES
We normally associate spoon dishes with winter, but we can also make lentils with vegetables in a salad . Ideal for days when the sun shines or when you want to prepare a quick meal. On this occasion we have used canned lentils to save time, but if you prefer, you can cook them yourself.
- 400 grams of canned lentils
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 spring onion
- pitted olives
- 2 cans of natural tuna
- Sweet corn
- Apple vinager
- extra virgin olive oil
- Throw away the liquid from the lentils and wash them very well with cold water.
- Once drained, we put them in a source. Add the pepper, spring onion and olives, all previously finely chopped.
- Add the sweet corn, the tuna, the salt, the vinegar and, finally, the oil.
- Chill in the fridge until serving time!
Preparation time: 10 minutes